Monday, June 7, 2010

Highchairs - wooden vs plastic

So the time has come for us to start considering high chairs. Our little man is almost 3 months old and loves to be sitting up and already seems to be drooling at the mere sight of food!
While I was pregnant and doing countless hours baby researching in an effort to make the weeks go faster (haha...as if it worked!) I found a gorgeous timber high chair that I was dead set on getting for our son. However now that that the time has finally come - I am not so sure.
See, the timber highchair does meet my strict ctrieria of firstly not being plastic, but also of being made in Australia and made from sustainable timber.The one big problem though is that it looks bloody uncomfortable! It has no cushioning what so ever and looks like it wouldnt be fun to sit in! So now I face the dilemma...do we get a highchair that is eco friendly (and also looks gorgeous) or do I swallow my pride, ignore my inner self saying "no plastic, no plastic!" and get a chair that will be practical and comfortable for my little mans butt??
Arrrgghhh! Why cant I have both?!

3 comments:

  1. What about making your own funky washable cushions a bit like the ones stokke's wooden highchair has? My bub much prefers the very upright feel of his wooden highchair over the laidback feel of his cousins plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea earthkissed! I'm not particularly clever with a sewing machine, but I'm sure Nanna wont mind helping and she even has a stack of material so I wouldn't even have to buy any!! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. highchairs

    ReplyDelete