Thursday, June 3, 2010

A new day, a new blog!

Before our son was born I started a blog about my journey to become an eco-mumma! Well...I clearly didnt put the effort into my blog (can I blame being heavily pregnant??) so have decided to start fresh. I guess the big question is why even keep a blog? I think it's a good place to get out all my ramblings while I am on maternity leave and devoid of human contact! Seriously though, I am just a passionate person who loves to talk (or in this case write) so why not share what I am passionate about with the world?!

I hope that this blog might make people reflect, particularly on childhood, and encourage their children to just be kids! To focus less on material posessions (which usually end up in landfill very quickly) and more on connecting with people and places.

Hopefully I can fill this blog with lots of personal stories as well as links to some of the many amazing products I have been finding on the web. While I am not a fan of material posessions...there are definitely times when you need to make new purchases (toys, clothes etc), so why not make eco-friendly ones!!! Lately I have come across so many great sites selling handmade, free-trade or products made from recycled materials and I cant wait to share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment